Irvington High School Physical Education Department
Welcome to Irvington High School Health & Physical Education department. Our goal is to improve your child’s physical fitness through warm-ups, strength exercises and cardiovascular fitness activities. We will work on learning and applying health related fitness concepts, game rules, and strategies, as well as cooperative learning and sportsmanship that will foster participation in physical fitness activities throughout life.
No technology of any kind (phones, ipads, etc. ) should be brought into the gym or used during gym time. Failure to abide by this rule will lead to the phone being confiscated by teacher and/or administration.
This page contains a lot of important information. Please review the items carefully with your child. Sign and return as soon as possible.
- Be on Time; In your floor spot 10 minutes after the late bell
- Be Prepared; crew neck t-shirt and sweat pants, basketball shorts (to the knee) or track pants, and Sneakers.
- All students need a COMBINATION LOCK to be used during their P.E. period only. (P.E. Staff is not responsible for students stolen or misplaced items)
- Be Respectful; to yourself, others and the equipment
- Abide by all rules in the Irvington High School handbook
- Each unit is worth 100 points; 60% participation, 20% skills test and 20% written test.
- 2 points are deducted for each late.
- 7-10 points are deducted for being unprepared or lack of participation.
- When a student is unprepared, one of two things will occur:
-If in sneakers but lack fitness attire: student may participate in PE, but will lose 3 points from their daily grade
-If lacking sneakers and fitness attire: student may not participate in class and will lose all 10 of their daily points
- Any student that has a serious illness or injury must have a note from their doctor to be excused. Students who are returning from an injury are required to have an all clear written not from their doctor.